Click Here for Paper Submission site
Authors should follow the SIGCSE formatting guidelines (available here) for position statements. All submissions should be in the PDF file format.
Authors should add the following to the footer of the final document. If using the SIGCSE template remove the ACM Copyright notice. (The footer should be "Times New Roman" font size 8 )
Growing the HFOSS Community, Humanitarian Free and Open Source Software (HFOSS) Symposium March 10th 2010 CC: BY SA NC Copyright <<insert authors names>> 2010 Humanitarian FOSS Project
Poster Proposal Format (limited to 2 pages)
Your proposal should include as much of the following information as possible. Please limit your proposal to two (2) pages. A list of the poster titles and authors will be included in the program. Submit your poster proposal through the paper submission site, selecting poster.
- Proposer: Include name, address, phone and fax numbers, email address (expect most correspondence by email), WWW address (if applicable), etc. This item does not count in the page limit. Poster proposals do not undergo blind review, so this information should be included.
- Statement of Topic: A short title.
- Significance and Relevance of the Topic: Please include information about any trends in relation to the topic and possibly describe (or cite) evidence to that effect. Your objective here is to explain why the topic is significant. This information can help your proposal to be selected if resources become an issue.
- Content: A description of the expected content of the poster.
- Abstract (Description): The abstract is a short (100 word) description of your poster.
Final position statements and posters together with abstracts, will be made available for download via the symposium website under a share-alike non-commercial creative commons license.
Click here for a short video on Creative Commons.